LIVE Giegengack Invitational
MileSplit RI was on site for the 32nd annual Yale Track Classic. Check out how some of our athletes did inside the Coxe Cage.
Top performances achieved by multiple athletes at Yale Track Classic and East Coast Invitational.
For most of the Championship Girls’ 3K at the Yale Track Classic, Connecticut’s Claire Howlett was perfectly content with nestling herself behind the...
Hendricken's Tierney sets school record in 3K. Classical's Berkson lowers state mark in girls' 3K.
Results, highlights, and coverage from major high school indoor track & field meets around the country on the weekend of January 18th, 2014.
Day 1 story from Steve Mazzone at the 2014 Yale Track Classic.
Two-day meet concludes on Saturday with several more Rhode Islanders capable of making noise.
Unionville girls recorded a US#4 distance medley relay in their first full strength competition since NXN FInals. PA went 1-2-3-4 at the Millrose Trials in the mile with...
The Yale Track Classic starts this Friday! Check out who will be competing!
Additional Informationwww.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-track/2013-14/files/ACCEPTED_ENTRIES.pdf" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Accepted Entries
www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-track/2013-14/files/HEAT_SHEETS.pdf" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Heat Sheets
32nd YALE INTERSCHOLASTIC TRACK CLASSIC
Friday, 17th, 2014 from 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, January 18th, 2014 from 7:30 a.m.
All of the information necessary to enter this year's Yale Track Classic is available below. We will STRICTLY ADHERE to entry standards where posted, and ask that you enter only athletes who have met the standards. In the High Jump and Shot Put we will limit the fields to the top 25 entries. We have added a boys and girls weight throw. That field will be limited to the top 12 entries.
Please follow the instructions below.
1. Please Complete Entries at www.directathletics.com and send check via NEXT DAY MAIL
SERVICE ONLY (FED EX, UPS, USPS)
Yale Track Classic
20 Tower Parkway
New Haven, CT 06511
Payment for entries MUST BE RECEIVED BY TUESDAY JANUARY 14th, 2014.
2. Entries MUST be completed on DIRECT ATHLETICS (www.directathletics.com ) by no later than Monday,
January 13th, 2014 at 6:00PM. It is EXTREMELY important that this deadline be met. When entering Friday relays, please be sure that you're entering the proper class size for your school. By Submitting your entries via Direct Athletics, you are certifying that all entered athletes are eligible to compete according to NFHS rules. We can not accept ANY late entries.
Final acceptances of entries will appear as detailed in # 10 below.
3. Qualifying performances for all individual events must have been achieved in a bona fide track and field meet. No entries with practice times or estimated times will be accepted. Be sure to indicate whether the performance was made in yards or meters (particularly in the 3000m). Coaches may use performances from the 2013 outdoor season, however, performances from the 2013 - 14 indoor season will take precedence.
4. Please note the change from previous years in Saturday's schedule. The championship section of the 3000m will now immediately follow the slower sections. The top two sections of the Mile will now follow the finals of the dashes and hurdles. All other mile sections will take place later in the meet. Participants in the Mile and 3000m sections will be posted on Wednesday January 15th.
5. Coaches should refer to the event standards (listed on the meet time schedule) where listed. Entries not meeting the standards will NOT BE ACCEPTED into the meet. Please enter only athletes who meet the standards. In the Shot Put and High Jump we will limit the field to the top twenty five entries. In the weight throw we will limit the field to the top 12 entrants. The high jump will start at 1" below the entry standard.
6. NEW THIS YEAR - We will ONLY ACCEPT FOUR ENTRIES PER SCHOOL IN THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUAL EVENTS. 55m, 55h, 400m, AND ALL FIELD EVENTS. We will seed the hurdles and dashes prior to the meet, and heat sheets will be available on Wednesday, January 15th. Please check your heat and lane assignments online at www.yalebulldogs.com prior to the meet.
7. In the Boys and Girls 3000m we will only accept the top 300 entries. Those not accepted into the meet will not appear on the final entry list.
8. All schools may enter only one relay team per event. Exception - Connecticut Schools may enter a Connecticut Relay and a Class relay with different personnel in the 4X400m and 4X800m ONLY.
9. If a school competes in a class relay on Friday, they may not enter the same championship relay on Saturday.
10. Performances of previously entered athletes may be updated until Monday January 13th at 6:00 PM. Updates should be done via the Direct Athletics website.
11. All entries accepted into the meet will be posted on the Yale website at www.yalebulldogs.com. Follow the links to Track, and the Yale High School Track Classic. Entries will be posted by Wednesday, January 15th 2013. Athletes not accepted into the meet will not show up on the entry
12. Questions about meet management should be directed ONLY to David Shoehalter at email@example.com . Please do not direct meet management questions to Charles Butterfield.
The entry fee is $20.00 for each individual event entered and $30.00 for each relay event entered. This entry fee or school voucher must accompany your roster submission (see #1 above). Entries will not be accepted unless we receive the entry fee or voucher. This is an entry fee, not a participation fee.
Make Checks Payable To: YALE UNIVERSITY TRACK CLASSIC
FEDERAL TAX ID # 06-0646973N
The entry materials are the only materials we provide and should serve as the invoice. Please be sure that your business office understands this. We have included a signed W-9 form below if your business office requires it.
Medals will be awarded to all 1st - 5th place finishers in the championship individual events.
Medals will be awarded to all 1st - 5th place finishers in the championship relays.
Medals will be awarded to all 1st - 3rd place finishers in Friday relays.
Schools from the following states have been invited: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine,
Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia.
National and State Federation sanctions have been applied for.
Note to Connecticut Coaches: Only Connecticut schools which have boys or girls indoor track teams registered with the C.I.A.C. may compete in this meet.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR COACHES:
1. All athletes entered in the meet must be eligible high school athletes and they must participate only for their high school. No club entries can be accepted.
2. The Connecticut State rule of any two events on either day (total of four) will be used for this meet. This means all athletes may compete in any two events on each day.
3. The one false start rule will be in effect for this competition. Please be sure to make your athletes
aware of this before the competition begins. NOTE: Starting blocks will be permitted in final races only.
4. Otherwise, National Federation rules will apply.
5. FOR ALL CONNECTICUT SCHOOLS: On your 1600-Meter Relay entries please indicate your CIAC classification for Track and Field. (L, M, Etc.)
6. The Coxe Cage Indoor Track is a 200 Meter, banked oval. The surface is Beynon.
7. Spike length for all events should be no greater than 3/16". Athletes will not be allowed to compete in spikes of greater length. No pin spikes may be used. Pyramid spikes only. Spikes will be checked by the clerk of course.
The following hotels will be available for this meet and have assured us that a team rate will be in effect:
Clarion Hotel and Suites - Hamden Connecticut. About 15 minutes from Coxe Cage
Courtyard by Marriott at Yale (formerly the Holiday Inn at Yale)
Courtyard by Marriott - Orange, CT
The Omni Hotel
La Quinta Hotel and Suites - New Haven, CT
2014 YALE TRACK CLASSIC
FRIDAY, JANUARY 17th, 2014
9:00AM Boys 25lb Weight throw -Top 12 Entries
10:30AM Girls 20lb Weight throw - Top 12 Entries
1:00 PM Connecticut Girls 300m Dash
1:20 Connecticut Boys 300m Dash
1:50 Connecticut Girls 4X800m Relay
2:15 Connecticut Boys 4X800m Relay
2:25 Girls 4X200m Relay - Schools Over 600 Girls
2:45 Boys 4X200m Relay - Schools Over 600 Boys
3:00 Girls 4X800m Relay - Schools Over 600 Girls
3:25 Boys 4X800m Relay - Schools Over 600 Boys
3:50 Connecticut Girls 4X400m Relay
4:15 Connecticut Boys 4X400m Relay - Large Schools
4:25 Connecticut Boys 4X400m Relay - Small Schools
4:40 Girls 4X400m Relay - Schools Over 600 Girls
5:10 Boys 4X400m Relay - Schools Over 800 Boys
5:25 Boys 4X400m Relay - Schools 600 - 800 Boys
5:40 Connecticut Girls Distance Medley Relay
5:55 Connecticut Boys Distance Medley Relay
6:10 Girls Distance Medley Relay - Schools Over 600 Girls
6:40 Boys Distance Medley Relay - Schools Over 600 Boys
7:05 Girls CHAMPIONSHIP Distance Medley Relay
7:20 Boys CHAMPIONSHIP Distance Medley Relay
7:35 Girls Distance Medley Relay - Schools Under 600 Girls
8:05 Boys Distance Medley Relay - Schools Under 600 Boys
8:30 Girls 4X400m Relay - Schools Under 600 Girls
8:55 Boys 4X400m Relay - Schools 400 - 600 Boys
9:05 Boys 4X400m Relay - Schools Under 400 Boys
9:15 Girls 4X800m Relay - Schools Under 600 Girls
9:35 Boys 4X800m Relay - Schools Under 600 Boys
9:50 Girls 4X200m Relay - Schools Under 600 Girls
10:10 Boys 4X200m Relay - Schools Under 600 Boys
COACHES ARE ADVISED THAT THE TIMES ABOVE ARE APPROXIMATIONS. WE WILL START EACH EVENT IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE PREVIOUS EVENT. THE CHAMPIONSHIP DISTANCE MEDLEY RELAYS WILL START AT 7:05 AND 7:20 AS ON THE SCHEDULE. IF POSSIBLE, WE WILL RUN UP TO TWENTY MINUTES AHEAD OF SCHEDULE.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18th
7:30 am Girl's 3000 Meters - Section Nine
7:40 am Girl's 3000 Meters - Section Eight
7:50 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Twelve
8:00 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Eleven
8:15 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Ten
8:30 am Girl's 3000 Meters - Section Seven
8:30 am Girl's Shot Put - Limited to the top 25 Entrants / Followed by Boys
8:45 am Girl's 3000 Meters - Section Six
9:00 am Girl's 3000 Meters - Section Five
9:00 am Boy's High Jump - Limited to top 25 Entrants
9:15 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Nine
9:30 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Eight
9:45 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Seven
10:00 am Girl's Pole Vault - ENTRY STANDARD 9'6 - STARTING HEIGHT - 9'0
Boy's Pole Vault - ENTRY STANDARD 12'6 - STARTING HEIGHT -12' To Follow Girls
10:00 am Girl's Long Jump - JUMPS UNDER 15'6 NOT MARKED,
Boys will follow - JUMPS UNDER 19' NOT MARKED
10:00 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Six
10:15 am Girl's 3000 Meters - Section Four
10:30 am Girl's 3000 Meters - Section Three
10:45 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Five
11:00 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Four
11:15 am Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Three
11:30 am Girl's 3000 Meters - Section Two
11:45am Girl's 3000 Meters - SEEDED SECTION
12:00 pm Boy's 3000 Meters - Section Two
12:15pm Boy's 3000 Meters - SEEDED SECTION
NOTE: DASHES AND HURDLES WILL BE RUN IN A BLOCK BEGINNING AT 12:30 PM
12:30 pm Boy's 55 Meter Hurdles Trials
Girl's 55 Meter Hurdles Trials
Boy's 55 Meter Dash Trials
Girl's 55 Meter Dash Trials
Girl's 55 Meter Hurdles Semis
Boy's 55 Meter Hurdles Semis
Boy's 55 Meter Dash Semis
Girl's 55 Meter Dash Semis
Boy's 55 Meter Hurdles Finals
Girl's 55 Meter Hurdles Finals
Boy's 55 Meter Dash Finals
Girl's 55 Meter Dash Finals
2:00 pm Girl's One Mile Run - SEEDED SECTION
2:10 pm Girls' One Mile Run - Section 2
2:20 pm Boy's One Mile Run - SEEDED SECTION
2:30 Boy's One Mile Run - Section 2
2:40 pm Girl's 400 Meters - ENTRY STANDARD - 64.0
3:00 pm Girls High Jump - Limited to top 25 entries
3:00 pm Boy's 400 Meters - ENTRY STANDARD - 54.0
3:20 pm Girl's 800 Meters - ENTRY STANDARD - 2:28.0
3:45 pm Boy's 800 Meters - ENTRY STANDARD - 2:03.0
4:05 pm Girl's One Mile - ENTRY STANDARD - 5:25.0 - All other sections
4:20 pm Boy's One Mile - ENTRY STANDARD - 4:43.0 - All other sections
5:00 pm Girl's Championship 4X200 Meter Relay (top 16 entrants)
Boy's Championship 4X200 Meter Relay (top 16 entrants)
Girl's Championship 4X800 Meter Relay (top 12 entrants)
Boy's Championship 4X800 Meter Relay (top 12 entrants)
Girl's Championship 4X400 Meter Relay (top 12 entrants)
Boy's Championship 4X400 Meter Relay (top 12 entrants)