On Dear Younger Me: Lauren Fleshman. posted on Flrunners today May 17th.
05/17/2017 3:15:50 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
My vote for the best article of the year on flrunners. If you are a young female distance runner, don’t overlook this article. Sustainability in distance running requires believing that achieving success requires cultivating a healthy mindset (the sooner the better) more than it requires seeking a specific training plan. Part of the foundation work for cultivating a healthy mindset is high quality reading. It is mental BASE TRAINING…and this article is mental BASE TRAINING for girls.... at its best. It is wisdom! don't miss it. Coach Douma. North Marion High School
My vote for the best article of the year on flrunners. If you are a young female distance runner, don't overlook this article. Sustainability in distance running requires believing that achieving success requires cultivating a healthy mindset (the sooner the better) more than it requires seeking a specific training plan. Part of the foundation work for cultivating a healthy mindset is high quality reading. It is mental BASE TRAINING…and this article is mental BASE TRAINING for girls.... at its best. It is wisdom! don't miss it.

Coach Douma. North Marion High School
05/17/2017 9:12:10 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Great series by our national team agree.
Great series by our national team agree.
05/18/2017 12:57:06 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Agreed. While there are many valuable articles, IMHO this is the best. I will be sharing it with the kids and parents. Doug Horn Head Coach-Cross Country/Track & Field Spanish River HS
Agreed. While there are many valuable articles, IMHO this is the best. I will be sharing it with the kids and parents.

Doug Horn
Head Coach-Cross Country/Track & Field
Spanish River HS
05/18/2017 2:41:28 PM
Coach
Every high school girl runner needs to read this, especially the cross country girls. It breaks my heart to see the number of girls that should be blossoming into young women beat themselves up simply because of times. Their role models should be the number of very healthy girl state champions who enjoy a burger & fries once in a while.
Every high school girl runner needs to read this, especially the cross country girls. It breaks my heart to see the number of girls that should be blossoming into young women beat themselves up simply because of times. Their role models should be the number of very healthy girl state champions who enjoy a burger & fries once in a while.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.